With this year shortly coming to a close, it’s not too soon to begin communicating the most important thing that you want your leadership team to focus on next year. Not sure what to focus on? Try this:
- Ask your team to bring their answers to the following question to your next leadership team meeting: If we could only focus on one thing next year, what might it be?
- At the meeting, make everyone’s answer visible on a flip chart or white board.
- Collapse and combine the ideas as needed to create a few clearly articulated directions.
- Have your team vote on the single most important thing.
- Then, define the metric(s) that defines what will happen if you successfully focus on that one thing.
- And finally, write down who will do what, by when, to make sure that the one thing actually happens.
Please send me the one thing that your team came up with as I always love hearing from subscribers to my blog.
Is your team aligned and rowing together in the same direction?
Looking for a way to see how aligned your team is on your direction and strategy? Have them take this 3-minute strategy assessment and use the individual scores to get the conversation going!